For registered members only
Take full advantage of the advantages offered to you by the webpage "Accessibility for All" by registering now. If you are already a registered user, enter your information on the form below. With your registration, you gain access:
- To the blog which aims at the participative operation of a blog around issues involving accessibility in our cities and specifically in the cross-border area of Greece-Bulgaria.
- To the discussion forum which offers the ability to create groups of common interest for the exchange of opinions and ideas around the issues involving accessibility and disability.
- To the deliberations on the studies in which you can participate and form with your comments.
The Portal's implementation was based on contemporary principles for the design and development of websites and applications, which include the following:
- Functionality and Accessibility for all. The websites and web applications must be designed according to international standards and rules to ensure accessibility to the greatest possible number of users of the Web, regardless of:
- the type of the device through which the user visits websites (notebook, laptop, PDA, personal computer or mobile device, etc.),
- the browser and version of the browser that the user has chosen for his access to the Internet (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, etc.)
- which support technologies may need and visitors use, such as screen readers, special input devices, magnification applications, etc.
- disability or user problem, such as reduced vision, color blindness or other vision problems, etc.
- Number of hits. We should focus on promoting the Portal and optimizing the Search Engines because we know that the true success of a website depends on the following:
- the website to obtain many visitors,
- to have the right visitors, i.e. people who are actually targeted,
- to attract a good percentage of visitors to spend the required time on the site and achieve the objective of the website, whether for information, registration, filling out a contact form, and so forth.
- Ease of use and adaptability. The websites and web applications should be designed in accordance with international quality standards and guidelines, e.g., ISO standards, which ensure ease of use for the largest possible number of users of the Web. However, the Internet and technologies are evolving daily. Its users, who come from different areas, backgrounds, and cultures, are also evolving. Knowing that users' requirements change and vary and recognizing diversity among others and as a right, the Portal should incorporate customizable settings based on personal preferences and access needs.
- Aesthetically pleasing. The construction of accessible web sites for example that comply with the relevant Guidelines of the World Wide Web, requires training, systematic approach and dedication to the principles of universal access and equal opportunities. In many cases, despite the pure intention of manufacturers, for example for the sake of accessibility, the aesthetics of the website are sacrificed. The Portal's success depends on (a) the training and experience of the development team (b) its ability to combine the above principles with high aesthetic design, (c) the active participation of representative users and persons with disability in the design and evaluation of the Portal.
- Necessary for the completion of the implementation was the pilot operation and the improvements and corrections of the Portal, the resolution of any user problems, assessing problems-observations of users by experts, and documentation of the quality of materialized pages, including digital content as to:
- user-friendliness (usability) and
- the accessibility and compliance with international standards and guidelines, especially with the new version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) to the maximum level of compliance (Level AAA).
Back to top