The European Territorial Cooperation Programme “Greece-Bulgaria 2007-2013”
The overall strategic goal of the Programme is to promote the cross-border area by ensuring regional cohesion and enhancing competitiveness toward sustainable growth, with the interconnection of potential partners on both sides of the borders.
In the scope of the achievement and of serving the overall objective, a series of strategic objectives have been set, which are the outlines of the policy for convergence in the area of intervention. Specifically these objectives are as follows:
- Strengthening the attractiveness of the area by upgrading the Quality of Life & Improving Accessibility Structures.
- Enhancing Competitiveness by promoting entrepreneurship, establishing networks of cooperation and investing in human resources.
These two strategic objectives are expressed in three axes of priority (plus the axis of Technical Assistance).
- Priority Axis 1: Quality of Life - Upgrading and management of Environmental & Cultural Heritage, of Health & Social Welfare issues for the improvement of quality of life in the cross-border area as well as the wellbeing of its residents.
- Priority Axis 2: Accessibility - Improvement of the transport and communications networks and to ensure easy and safe movement of goods, services and people in the cross-border area.
- Priority Axis 3: Competitiveness & Human Resources - Encouragement of entrepreneurship, investment in human resources and promotion of research and innovation in order to increase competitiveness and improve the economic and social development of the cross-border area.
- Priority Axis 4: Technical Assistance - Support of the overall management and smooth implementation of the programme.